Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Saving Martin Luther King Jr.

April 4, 1968

I successfully arrived on Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination day. I was in the lobby of the Lorraine Motel, where King was to be assassinated at his balcony. I went to the nearest closet so I could change into hotel employee clothes. I put the decoy of Dr. King Jr. under a rolling cart that I planned to take to his room. As soon as I got to the room I knocked on the door. I said, “Room service.” He opened the door after another knock. I told him I had a complimentary dinner for him. He let me in and I explained how I appreciated his great work. After having small talk, I admitted why I was really there. I explained I was from the future. He was in disbelief until I showed him my passport, birth certificate, and my America Past and Present Book by Robert Divine. He voiced utter shock. I explained that I had come to prevent his assassination. He did not understand how I knew he was going to be assassinated so I showed him a video on his assassination from CBS News. The video outlined how and where he died. I told him that I had a plan that would allow him to live and save people from racial discrimination. Dr. King gladly agreed to listen to me. I explained that James Earl Ray, an escaped convict, purchased the rifle that would shoot Dr. King. We set up the decoy on the balcony and waited. While waiting, I told him of my plan to take him back in time to alter the American Declaration of Independence and prevent Japanese interment. He was ecstatic at the thought of creating an America with equal rights for all. He was even more pleased with the thought that he could live longer and spread his thoughts on racial equality and the importance of each person. BANG! James Earl Ray shot the decoy. This gave us the opportunity to travel back in time to alter the Declaration of Independence while laying low. We stepped on the time flux distortion capacitor and went on our way to creating a better future for America.

MLK on balcony

CBS NEWS FOOTAGE


James Earl Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment